- What is Sales Forecasting in Site Selection? (2/28/2018)
Sales forecasting has become an increasingly common element of the site selection process and is often the focus of ...
- What to do When Your Retail Recruitment Efforts Are “Stuck” (2/15/2018)
Retail recruitment can be a long and frustrating process. The next time you feel that your community’s retail recruitment efforts have hit a roadblock, try these steps
- Restaurant Expansion: Emerging Restaurant Markets (2/1/2018)
The restaurant industry, like the retail industry, has recently been trying to keep up with changing consumer behaviors and technological advances in the ...
- Trends Shaking Up the Retail Location and Site Selection Process (1/25/2018)
The retail location and site selection process has changed in numerous ways last year due to trends that have caused disruption in the retail industry.
- 2018 Top Markets for Retail and Restaurant Real Estate (1/18/2018)
Every year, real estate professionals attempt to predict the next hot markets in the U.S. There are a variety of approaches to answering this question, whether from ...
- Auditing Your Existing Portfolio of Stores: Do You Know Where You Stand Today? (1/4/2018)
As a member of the leadership team at your company, one of your toughest jobs is ensuring that you allocate resources ...
- The Ultimate Guide to Retail Site Selection (12/28/2017)
The retail site selection process has changed significantly over the last two decades. What was once considered an art is now a blend of ...
- Keep Investing or Move on? How Market Potential Analysis Can Assist With Infill Decisions (12/14/2017)
For many retailers and restaurants, this is a familiar scenario. Your brand has opened new locations extensively in a market. The market has performed great, but now you face an important decision. Is it time ...
- What is GIS Mapping? A Beginner’s Guide for Site Selectors and Strategists (11/30/2017)
GIS mapping is a buzzword in many fields, including real estate site selection and business strategy. But what exactly is GIS and how is it used?
- Why Is Your Site Selection Strategy More Critical Than Ever? (11/9/2017)
Retail site selection has always been an important element of a brand’s strategy. Great locations position retailers for success, while poor locations yield disappointing results.
- When Do Businesses Need Site Selection Services? (10/26/2017)
Many companies reach a point in their growth and development when they feel that it is helpful to invest in site selection services. But with a wide spectrum of services ...
- How to Maintain Your Retail Recruitment Momentum After Trade Shows (10/12/2017)
You’ve invested time and resources into a trade show and your team did a great job making connections at the event. Now that the event is over, how can you maintain the retail recruitment momentum?
- Mall, the new four letter word? (9/28/2017)
The state of the shopping mall is in peril. Or is it?
As traditional mall retailers are seemingly closing their doors left and right, many malls must determine what to do ...
- Doomsday Apocalypse or Retail Hoax? A Look at Retail’s Future (9/14/2017)
Recent news may make it seem like the retail industry is in a free fall, but that only makes for good headlines.
- How to Reach More Customers During Back-to-School Shopping Season (8/31/2017)
As a new school year quickly approaches, many consumers are beginning to plan their back-to-school shopping trips.
- Rightsizing Store Networks: 4 Questions You Need to Ask (8/17/2017)
Many retail real estate professionals are facing a new reality: retailers simply aren’t expanding at the rates seen in the past. In fact, many are navigating the task of “rightsizing” store networks, which is unfamiliar territory for most.
- Do You Know Your Trade Area? (8/3/2017)
Consumer demands for convenience are putting pressure on retailers to adapt.
Real estate and marketing decisions are under scrutiny as consumers are turning to ...
- What Every Real Estate Professional Needs to Know About Ensemble Modeling (7/27/2017)
Staying on top of the latest buzzwords and trends is a challenge in any profession, and the real estate industry is no exception.
Today’s real estate professionals researching site selection consultants and tools may encounter the term “ensemble modeling,” which may be unfamiliar.
- Challenging Restaurant Market Leads Many to Consider Sale (7/13/2017)
Nation’s Restaurant News predicted 2017 would be a notable year for restaurant mergers and acquisitions.
- Pop-up Stores: Fad or Retail Renaissance? (6/29/2017)
The rise of the pop-up store. Have you ever been to a pop-up store? If not, chances are you’ve heard of them. The pop-up store concept has been gaining popularity ...
- The Impact of Fast Fashion on the Retail Industry (6/14/2017)
In the age of see-now, buy-now fashion, traditional retailers are adopting new practices to keep up with the fast-paced shopping journey.
- 7 Reasons Why In-Store Shopping Will Never Die (6/1/2017)
Many have predicted the death of brick and mortar stores and the rise of e-commerce as online sales have progressively taken over a larger portion of total retail sales. However ...
- What is Customer Segmentation and How is it Used? (5/18/2017)
Segmentation is one of the most powerful customer analytics tools in marketing, however, it is also the most misunderstood.
- Two Ways to Get More Out of Your Predictive Real Estate Model (5/4/2017)
Typically, a real estate model is applied to understand whether a potential new site is a good investment or a bad one. It is designed to quantify the sales potential for a given piece of real estate. However ...
- Retailers Reinventing the Customer Experience (4/13/2017)
As online shopping becomes more efficient and evermore convenient, shoppers will find less reason to visit a brick and mortar establishment unless retailers find a way to get them in the door.
- Modest Restaurant Growth Changes Real Estate Dynamics (3/30/2017)
Research firms Technomic and The NPD Group have forecasted modest growth for restaurants this year, following a tough 2016.
The main segment to benefit from a lift in sales and traffic will be ...
- The Fastest Growing Restaurant Chains and What’s Feeding Their Success (3/16/2017)
As consumer food trends continue to shift toward more conscious food choices and convenience at a budget friendly price, it’s no surprise the fast casual space continues to capture market share.
- Help Franchisees Grow Market Share with Local Store Marketing (3/2/2017)
As a franchisor, it’s increasingly important to maximize your franchise territories’ potential and help them market at the local level. You and your franchisees are invested in the success of your business ...
- A City’s Guide to 2017 Retail Real Estate Trends (2/9/2017)
If your community is trying to attract new retail development or retain existing retailers, it’s important to understand the challenges and opportunities facing these businesses ...
- 3 Critical Questions to Answer if You Want to Sell More Franchises (1/26/2017)
You’ve invested the time and resources to develop a great franchise concept, but to grow your organization, you need to convince potential franchisees that it’s a great business ...
- Understanding the 3 Primary Site Selection Model Types (1/12/2017)
If you’ve ever considered purchasing a real estate site selection model, you know that the industry is filled with unfamiliar terms. Researching the various solutions can feel daunting, but fortunately ...
- A Beginner’s Guide to Retail Site Selection Solutions (12/29/2016)
Having the right retail site selection solution is crucial for any business looking to add new locations.
- Staying Ahead of the New Restaurant Competitor: Grocery Stores (12/15/2016)
More and more, consumers are choosing to dine in than eat out as grocery prices continue to decline, while inflation is driving up the cost of dining out.
- How Retailers Can Stay Competitive Amid Changing Shopping Habits (11/24/2016)
It’s no surprise that consumers are spending more dollars online. E-commerce now makes up nearly 10 percent of total retail sales in the U.S., a number that has grown ...
- Overcoming Growth Challenges for Emerging Brands Part 3 (11/3/2016)
In the first two posts of this series we talked about three of the biggest growth challenges faced by emerging brands ... that brings us to the next piece of the expansion equation ...
- Overcoming Growth Challenges for Emerging Brands Part 2 (10/27/2016)
In markets where you already have a presence, how do you know where to open your next location?
- Overcoming Growth Challenges for Emerging Brands Part 1 (10/20/2016)
In today’s highly competitive retail environment, it’s incredibly difficult to stand out among well-established competitors. Even the most seasoned retail operators ...
- Big Box Retail Trends: 3 Tips for Success (10/13/2016)
It’s been a tough decade for big box retailers. Mass merchants and online retailers have driven down prices, putting pressure on margins. Consumers emerged from the recession with a different ...
- Three keys to amplify your growth through customer profiling (9/29/2016)
Customers are at the core of every decision you make, whether you’re a retailer, restaurant or service provider. Here are the three keys ...
- How to Explain Retail Market Research & Analytics Tools to Your Boss (9/13/2016)
You’ve done your homework and found the perfect retail market research solution for your business. There’s just one catch: you have to convince your boss.
- How to Make a Big Difference in Executing Your Economic Development Strategies (9/1/2016)
Formulating economic development strategies is not difficult. Executing economic development strategies is difficult.
The good news about execution is that ...
- What is Retail Real Estate like Today? Diagnosing the State of an Industry. (8/11/2016)
Ask anyone in retail real estate today about the state of the industry and they’ll struggle to find the right description.
It’s not anemic, but then again it’s not ...
- The Millennial Impact on the Transformation of Consumer Behavior in U.S. Cities (7/28/2016)
Millennials are influencing key market trends, not only in buying power, but also real estate and lifestyle development.
- What to Look for in a Retail Site Selection Consultant (7/14/2016)
Hiring a retail site selection consultant is an important decision. Here are five questions to ask as you evaluate candidates.
- The Ultimate Checklist for Strategic Site Selection with Retail Analytics Software (6/30/2016)
Strategic Retail Site Location Software is a game-changing investment – just make sure you’ve done your homework. Here’s what you need to consider before ...
- How Spatial Data Can Turn Good Ideas into Growing Brands (6/16/2016)
It’s 5:15 p.m. on a Tuesday when Sally Owens is driving seven-year-old Pete home from soccer practice. He’s hungry, she needs a new phone charger and dad’s at home waiting on a box of nails so he can fix stuff. She takes a right and pulls into a spot in the shopping center parking ...
- Territory Optimization: It’s Not as Difficult as You Think (6/2/2016)
Territory Optimization is the identification of franchisee markets and trade areas that offer your brand the greatest ...
- What is Customer Profiling?
A 5 Step Beginner’s Guide (5/19/2016)
One of the most important parts of any business is understanding who your customer is. Customer profiles are “customer types,” which are created to represent the typical users of a product or service, and are used to help make customer-focused decisions without ...
- Realize Your Potential as a Franchise (5/5/2016)
You have seen your franchise grow and your experience as a franchisor has come from years of hard work to perfect your brand and your products. You have made sure your product represents who you are as franchise. Your brand brings in the customers, and customers identify themselves as loyal consumers. Now comes the question of the next step.
- What Exactly is Predictive Analytics? (4/21/2016)
The term “predictive analytics” is one that is used often in business today. But if you ask the average professional to define it, you will likely receive a half-mumbled response about ...
- 3 Tips to Help Localize Your Franchise Marketing Efforts (4/14/2016)
- Radical Transparency: The Key to Retail Success? (3/24/2016)
- How to Set Your Franchisees Up for Success (3/4/2016)
- Help Your Franchise G.R.O.W. (2/18/2016)
- The Key to Navigating the Franchise Site Selection Process (2/4/2016)
- The Secret to Opening a Homerun Franchise Location (1/21/2016)
- 8 Pitfalls of Retail Real Estate Investment (1/7/2016)
- Top 10 Markets for Retail Investment (12/24/2015)
- The Top Growth Markets for Restaurant Expansion (12/10/2015)
- Will Your Fast Casual Restaurant Catch an Investor’s Eye? (11/18/2015)
- The Secret to Unleashing Your Restaurant’s Growth Potential (11/5/2015)
- Attention Retailers: Small is the New Black (10/8/2015)
- Why Go To The Store? (9/24/2015)
- Why Emerging Concepts Fail (9/10/2015)
- Are These 5 Markets on Your Watch List? (8/27/2015)
- 5 Smaller Markets on the Rise (8/13/2015)
- Why Just Having Data is Meaningless (7/30/2015)
- The Changing World of Retail (7/16/2015)
- The 3 Pillars for Retail Expansion (6/11/2015)
- Site Selection
Finding the Right Data Points (6/11/2015)
- The Top 15 U.S. Retail Markets (5/28/2015)
- 3 Urban Site Selection Assumptions That Need To Be Broken (5/14/2015)
- American & Canadian Consumers: Not As Similar As You Think (4/30/2015)
- How to Optimize Territory Development for Your Franchise (4/16/2015)